Get in the Christmas, Krampus, and Chrimbus spirit by digging into some WFMU-style holiday specials:
- Vince Martin Christmas special on John Allen's show: listen
- Michael Shelley's Holiday Spectacular with Nick Lowe: listen
- Todd-o-phonic Todd and Terre T's Holiday Special: listen
- Winter Soul-stice celebration with Gaylord Fields: listen
- Evan "Funk" Davies' Holiday Music Funk-tacular: listen
- Imaginary Radio's Christmas Spectacular: listen
- Plus, tune in for Dave the Spazz's Xmas Fiasco on Christmas night, 9pm-mid!
Want to lighten your tax burden or rack up some extra karma points before the end of 2014? Consider making a year-end donation to WFMU! All donations to WFMU are tax-deductible, and may be redeemed for extra credit at the end of the semester.
In case you missed it...
- Jeffrey Davison interviewed UK folk legend Vashti Bunyan: listen
- Sleaford Mods layered barking vox on top of punk-infused beats on Infinite Distortion: listen
- And check out a live set by Canadian indie stalwarts Sloan on the Evan "Funk" Davies show: listen
IBJ alert: the annual Glen Jones and X.Ray Burns Holiday Extravaganza throws down at Monty Hall (43 Montgomery St, Jersey City) on Sunday, Jan 11th (noon-3pm)! Featuring live music by Holmes and Reno's Men, plus plenty of drinking and debauchery. Admission is $5 at the door, first come-first served. If you can't make it out, the whole fiasco will be broadcast live over our airwaves and streams.
Traveling this holiday season? Don't forget to pack some WFMU audio onto your device of choice. WFMU offers tons of downloadable podcasts! Many of your favorite 'FMU shows are available in convenient MP3 form, and we also offer plenty of exclusive podcast-only shows to boot. Check out our podcast page!
WFMU seeks donations of used (but not damaged) record collections to fill holes in our library and to use for our next Record Fair. Unload your unwanted vinyl and get a tax write-off: everybody wins! Contact Chris M. if you're seeking the path to enlightenment through the disposal of worldly pleasures. And, you know, a tax break.
Coming up at Monty Hall:
Sun 1/11 - The Glen Jones and X.Ray Burns Holiday Extravaganza, noon-3pm | $5 at the door
Mon 1/12 - Radiohole presents the smashed hit Myth (or Maybe Meth?) with special guests Not Blood Paint | tickets $12
Thurs 1/15 - WFMU Movie Night: screening of Danger Diabolik, presented by Fabio | tickets $7
Doing your holiday shopping on Amazon? Don't worry, your secret is safe with us! Use this link when you shop, and a portion of the proceeds from your purchase will be donated to WFMU. Please note that Amazon lists us as "Auricle Communications," which is our grown-up, IRS official name.
Get a tax credit for your beater before 2014 is over! WFMU seeks donations of used vehicles from any state in the U.S. and in any state of disrepair. It's a great way to help your favorite freeform radio station earn a few bucks, while you get a tax write-off (and extra driveway space). Call 1-855-WFMU-CAR (855-936-8227) to arrange for vehicle pick-up (it's free).