|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
November 30, 2020: Adrian Hon, author, "A New History of the Future in 100 Objects"
Listen to this show: Pop-up player!
Tonight: Adrian Hon, author, "A New History of the Future in 100 Objects"
Adrian Hon is co-founder and CEO at Six to Start, creators of gamelike stories and story-like games including the world's bestselling smartphone fitness game, "Zombies, Run!" with four million players. In addition to "A History of the Future in 100 Objects," he has written a column about technology for the Telegraph. He originally trained as a neuroscientist at Cambridge, UCSD, and Oxford.
• A New History Of The Future In 100 Objects, by Adrian Hon
• On Twitter: @adrianhon
• mssv, Adrian's blog
• Six to Start, Adrian's game company, creator of Zombies, Run!
• The Cultures, Adrian's podcast
• What ARGs Can Teach Us About QAnon (by Adrian Hon, Aug 2, 2020). See also QAnon Is Like a Game - a Most Dangerous Game in Wired, Sep 22, 2020, by Clive Thompson, past Techtonic guest (see the April 15, 2019 episode), and this NYT interview by Charlie Warzel (Aug 4).
• Technology and the Virtues: A Philosophical Guide to a Future Worth Wanting, by Shannon Vallor
• The Aug 30, 2019 episode of Sophisticated Boom Boom with Sheila B., featuring an interview with Nabihah Iqbal
- - -
PAST EPISODES: techtonic.fm lists recent Techtonic interviews and Little Slice of Tech Pie segments.
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Album||Images||Approx. start time|
|Adrian Hon discusses his book "A New History of the Future in 100 Objects."|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune||Machinarium Soundtrack|
|Interview with Adrian Hon||0:05:56 (Pop-up)|
|Mark's comments||0:40:47 (Pop-up)|
|Sheila B.||Excerpt from Sophisticated Boom Boom 11-27-20||0:46:57 (Pop-up)|
|Nabihah Iqbal||hashtag IRL||0:55:04 (Pop-up)|