A lot of great musicians have been dying lately, but WFMU is here to remind you of why they were important in the first place. Hear three full-program salutes to Kraftwerk‘s Florian Schneider by Jesse Dorris on Polyglot, Rich in Washington on Cratedigger’s Lung, and Gary Sullivan on Bodega Pop Live, as well as an extensive tribute on Strength Through Failure with Fabio; check out Todd-O-Phonic Todd‘s tribute to Little Richard, as well as Matt Fiveash‘s on Weekly World Blues and Kris Holmes‘ on The Long Way Home (where he also paid tribute to Betty Wright); hear Joe Belock‘s tribute to pop songwriter Mark Barkan on Three Chord Monte; listen to Marty McSorley, Jesse Dorris, and Duane Train pay their respects to disco funk king Bohannon; and don’t miss Evan “Funk” Davies‘ salute to Dave Greenfield of The Stranglers.
- Check Out Our Newest Heavily Played Music List! (Now also on Spotify)
- The New WFMU Schedule Has Been Announced!
- WFMU On Demand! Rent movies and help the station. JUST ADDED – Who Took the Bomp? Le Tigre on Tour
- Drummer Stream Discotheque! — Every Friday, 3-7pm
- “Like blowtorches behind each one of my eyeballs”