WFMU’s Wake ‘n Bake Benefit Art Auction Comes to Monty Hall Saturday October 20th and we seek Glistener masterpieces!
Artists, fire up your palettes or whatever it is you might use.
We’re seeking art that comes out of listening to WFMU, either directly inspired by Wake and Bake, WFMU in general, or not!
The deadline for submissions is October 8th and guidelines
and info on that can be found here.
The auction and concert itself will be an evening of live music, comedy, hog calling and fundraising, hosted by the one and only Clay Pigeon. Expect a room full of wondrous listener art, a Yanni lookalike contest, camaradaerie with fellow Glisteners and truckloads of pixie dust. There will also be food and drink, and a silent auction and live auction of all the pieces in the art show, the proceeds of which benefit our beloved WFMU. Hope to meet you there!
DATES AND TIMES
OCTOBER 20th, 2018
5-8pm Viewing / Silent Bidding
8-9pm Live Auction / Entertainment
We are currently accepting submissions!
Deadline for submission is Monday, October 8th
THE FINE PRINT
Send your WFMU-inspired art along with this form to:
Attn: Wake Art Auction
43 Montgomery Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
– You can also arrange to drop art off in person during regular business hours.
– 3 entries maximum per artist
– If you intend to submit artwork to the show, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and attaching this form so we can get an idea of what you have in the works. If you know how many pieces you’d like to submit and/or what medium you’ll be working in, please include that info too.
– Art not sold at the show can be picked up Monday October 22nd between 12 and 7 pm.
Additional details to follow. Questions? Email us at art at wfmu dot org.
- Wake ‘n Bake Benefit Art Auction on Saturday, October 20th
- Todd-O-Phonic Todd and Mr. Fine Wine DJ for a Good Cause
- Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs! Clay Pigeon’s Interview with Alice Cooper bassist/songwriter Dennis Dunaway
- You Can Stick it to The Man Beyond Your Lifetime!
- We Want Your Records!